Web Update - F Coy 7 RIFLES February 2010

Updates on the Society and website. Only Forum Officials can post topics and Registered users can reply.
Post Reply
User avatar
Forum Manager
95thRLHS Forum Manager
Posts: 749
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:49 pm
Location: Cyberspace
Contact:

Web Update - F Coy 7 RIFLES February 2010

Post by Forum Manager » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:08 pm

The 95th Rifles Living History Society representing 1st Battalion 95th (Rifle) Regiment of Foot (1/95), by special invitiation, attended F Coy 7 RIFLES at their headquarters in Mayfair, London, on Tuesday evening, 9 February 2010.

The origin of this Company was at the formation of the Duke of Cumberland's Sharpeshooters in 1803. They amalgamated with other units to become Queen Victoria's Rifles and moved into their current establishment, with a 200 year lease from the Duke of Westminster, in 1890, under this name. Half the building was destroyed by a bomb in WWII but rebuilt in the 50's.

The Duke of Wellington was their Royal Colonel.

We gave a presentation to the Company on the history, life and times of the 95th from its conception to its elevation to the Rifle Brigade followed by supervised firing of the British Infantry Rifle (aka Baker) and the French 1776 pattern Charleville musket.

Image

Photographs from the event have been added to the Gallery.

Click here to go to the F Coy 7 Rifles Gallery direct or navigate via the Main site tabs.
95thRLHS Forum Manager

"Managers are people who do things right, leaders are people who do the right things"

Post Reply