Sgt George Walton - 2/95th (1813-16)

Interested in joining the 1st Battalion? Want to know more about 95th (Rifle) Regiment of Foot? Want to discuss some interesting fact or historical reference relating to the Regiment? We welcome any information that will enhance our understanding and knowledge of this world-reknown regiment. Post your questions in here and we will endeavour to answer them.
Official Post
95thRLHS

Sgt George Walton - 2/95th (1813-16)

Post by Official Post »

At "Conquest 2007" at Shugborough Hall, Staffs, on 14 July, Rfm Deans had his picture taken with young Sam Coleman. Little did we know that Sam is the Grandson (6x removed) of George Walton, Serjeant in the 2/95th and the Rifle Brigade from 1813 to 1839.

From my sources, I can confirm that Rfn George Walton joined on 15 June 1813 and was in No. 4 Company under Capt John M'Cullock at Waterloo.

Subsequent emails with Sam's Mum, Catherine, have provided us with information on George.

Click here to go to the George Walton page of the Shugborough Hall Gallery direct or navigate via the Main site tabs.
95thRLHS Official Communication
Firecracker1
Whisperer

Re: Sjt George Walton - 2/95th (1813-16)

Post by Firecracker1 »

Hi,

I have just learnt through retracing my ancestors that I am the great, great grand-daughter of George Walton and Jane Francis Driscoll and would welcome any connection with other relatives or more information about this fascinating life.

I expect you already come across Georgina who has nearly mapped the descendants of George Walton comprehensively, although a lot of names are still awaiting addition on www.goodbytree.org and the diary of George held by my second cousin Tom Ellison.

I would love to see a re-enactment. How often do they happen and where.

Thank you,

Anya Darr.
Last edited by Firecracker1 on Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Firecracker1
Whisperer

Re: Sjt George Walton - 2/95th (1813-16)

Post by Firecracker1 »

As I said Mr Tom Ellison, a cousin of mine holds what's left of the original. His father transcribed it in long hand so it was legible, he let me see a copy but I am not sure he wants it in the public domain as he still hopes to get it published one day. It sounds as though someone related to this Master Coleman has a copy too.
Gareth++123
Whisperer

Re: Sgt George Walton - 2/95th (1813-16)

Post by Gareth++123 »

Hi

I have been contacted by three members of this site regarding the journal of Sgt George Walton, saying how much they would like to see it in print. They have contacted me as I am one of the leading authorities in bringing such memoirs to print and I would love to be able to talk to you and your family regarding the possibilities of bringing it to print (particularly up to the period of the end of the Occupation of France in 1818). Please check out my website for my credentials (having published some 30 memoirs to date) and contact details if you should wish to continue this conversation.
http://www.garethglovercollection.com/index.htm

All the Best
Gareth :grin:
Official Post
95thRLHS

Re: Sgt George Walton - 2/95th (1813-16)

Post by Official Post »

The Journal has been set in print and was published in March 2016. It is available from Brewin Books.
George Walton.jpg
George Walton.jpg (72.12 KiB) Viewed 36344 times
95thRLHS Official Communication