Hi, Just wanted to say hi to Les and Martin

Interested in joining the 1st Battalion? Want to know more about 95th (Rifle) Regiment of Foot? Want to discuss some interesting fact or historical reference relating to the Regiment? We welcome any information that will enhance our understanding and knowledge of this world-reknown regiment. Post your questions in here and we will endeavour to answer them.
Paul Nimmo

Hi, Just wanted to say hi to Les and Martin

Post by Paul Nimmo »

Nice to see the 95th still so prominent in the the NA if it's still called that? I have some great memories
from being with the 95th and it seeing Richard on the television so much now he has really made a name for him self.

Still can see Martin and Les heavily involved on the officer front, in my opinion still the best uniform of the period and it was great to see you guys down at Amherst as well on the Gallery, sleeping in that place always use to give me the ebigibees.

Most of you guys won't remember me and that's fare enough, it was long ago that I was a member for over 2 years. In the mist of stealing the crime prevention sign from the crime prevention tent and depositing in the middle of a lake, pepering a police helicopter with oposition police force stickers and nearly blowing my fingers off whilst tap loading in Broastairs, and running from door way to doorway in some northern town clad in arab headdress yelling mustavaleek! at some god forsaken time at night. Bill and Mr Moore lead me astray...thats all I have to say.

I've got some great pictures in my album that you guys may be interested in that I can post, from scarborough castle to Yena in Germany...a new definition in the word cold.

Keep up the good work, great website by the way.
[
Living in New Zealand with my family it all seems so far away.

Keep up the good work.... pics coming soon:)
Alan Earp
Colonel 1/95th

Post by Alan Earp »

Hi Paul,
Good to hear from you, I have seen these pictures before and been told about you and the early days of the 95th Rifles Living History Society in the late Seventies. I have to make a confession and apologise but I have inadvertantly deleted your logon when clearing out spam users. Please reinput and I'll be more careful, promise!
Lt Col Alan Earp
Colonel of the Battalion 1/95

"True leadership must be for the benefit of the followers, not the enrichment of the leaders"
Paul Nimmo
Ex-95thRLHS Member

Re late 70's

Post by Paul Nimmo »

I don't think it was that long ago, propobale the 1990's would be allot more accurate lol, if it was in the 70's i would still have been at school, noted the recent Waterloo renactment in June, I took part in two one with the 95th Rifles and 1 with the 1st Footguards as their drill seargeant, I was a chosen man and bugler with the 95th.

I had a great time at both, freaky on the one I attended with the 95th, rained the night before the battle as well, we were period camping with the KGL and marched to the battle field together, my best m8's son was with us I always rememebr him getting stuck in the mud on the ridge i had to go and hall him out and carry him over my shoulder, nearly lost two pairs of period shoes that day in about 12 inches of slime. Had loads of pictures taken of us struggling around by the public who as normal thought it was all part of the perfomance and didn't bother to lend a hand.

One thing I always remember from both events was the friendship and comradery between all the renactment groups from all over the world,whethere they be allies or French, in a huge sport hall we drank wine and sang songs, the marciles being drowned out by the who'd be a soldier and rule britania to be silenced by one guy standing on a table singing the canadian national anthem on his lonesone infront of 3500 very drunk reenactors.

I have some great memories from being with the NA, 1st Footguards and 95th, and they will stay with me forever.

Please don't delete me lol....

regards

Paul
Alan Earp
Colonel 1/95th

Post by Alan Earp »

Thanks for reregistering, Paul and for the interesting anecdotes. I spoke to Martin at the weekend and he most certainly remembered you and will take a look at your messages and especially the photos.
Lt Col Alan Earp
Colonel of the Battalion 1/95

"True leadership must be for the benefit of the followers, not the enrichment of the leaders"